At Jacobson Law and Advocacy, our services are rooted in a foundation of empathy, inclusion, accessibility, and experience. You’ll leave JLA equipped with the most important legal protections, and an ally you can always call on for knowledgeable legal or advocacy support.
Attorney Ashley B. Jacobson also holds a master’s degree and certification in counseling and assessing the needs of people with disabilities. Ms. Jacobson has years of experience providing legal, counseling, and assessment services, in addition to consulting and providing expert testimony through her consulting firm Adaptive Inclusion, LLC.
[Image description of tweet on the left is in Alt Text and here: A tweet that reads, “When every area of law is approached by lawyers who largely don’t have any background in disability, disabled children and adults are in danger of losing their freedom, financial security, employment stability, benefits, and access. #Disability #DisabilityTwitter]
JLA is currently serving all of your legal needs, with an exceptional commitment to providing well-rounded legal services for the disability and aging communities. Our legal services for people with disabilities fall under 2 main categories:
1. Protecting your rights (in schools, workplaces, and the justice system); and
2. Protecting your future (through “Special Needs Trusts” and other estate planning documents, guardianships, conservatorships, long-term care planning, Medicaid and other benefits planning, and insurance disputes).
A more detailed explanation of our services is offered below:
- Guardianships, conservatorships, and estate planning: documents every person needs now and as they age–Trusts (including Special Needs Trusts, Asset Protection Trusts, Medicaid-Compliant Trusts), Wills, Medical Power of Attorney, Financial Durable Power of Attorney, long-term care planning, guardianships and conservatorships to benefit people with disabilities
- Educational law services: IEP/504 representation and assessment, ADA representation and assessment, school ADA/IDEA compliance, transition and career planning for high school students transitioning out of high school
- Employment law and vocational rehabilitation services: Ashley provides legal representation, counseling and consulting on disability discrimination, workplace readiness assessment, workplace and home accommodations assessment and implementation, assistive technology, ADA compliance, inclusion and diversity training, and accessibility
- Juvenile law: representing juveniles to protect their rights and futures, with an understanding that over 25% of minors in the juvenile justice system have disabilities
- Government benefits: SSDI, Medicaid, and long-term care planning (including the use of estate planning to protect you and your assets as you require long-term care)
- Health law and case management: insurance disputes, regulatory administrative, compliance, risk assessment, malpractice, Medicare, and Medicaid
- Diversity and Inclusion consulting for businesses, agencies, interest groups, and social groups
- Expert testimony for cases involving disability or a person with a disability
If you have a disability and are facing any challenge, it’s likely we provide a service to help! Call 248-878-6940 today or email info@JLAPLLC.com for more information!